Treatment Programs & Modalities
Sunspire Health Astoria Pointe recognizes that men can benefit from gender-specific treatment, and that they require programs that suit their specific needs. We offer men a place where they feel comfortable and safe discussing the sensitive issues that led them to requiring rehabilitation. Our program takes a holistic approach to recovery, combining medically supervised services with evidence-based treatments such as:
We offer the following therapies:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) - a technique that teaches you how to overcome the ideas and actions that are standing in the way of your sobriety.
- Individual Therapy - one-on-one counseling with a trained addiction therapist.
- Family Therapy - a type of therapy that involves your family in the recovery process to boost your chances of success and improve your relationships.
- Relapse Prevention - strategies to avoid situations that might trigger drug or alcohol use.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI) - technique that facilitates motivation to change harmful behaviors.
- Psycho-education - a program that teaches you how to deal with mental health issues that may be driving your addictive behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) - is a therapy designed to help people change patterns of behavior by learning about the triggers that lead to reactive states and helping to assess which coping skills to apply in the sequence of events, thoughts, feelings, and behaviors to help avoid undesired reactions.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) - EMDR is an emerging therapy utilized to help people recover from traumatic experiences.
- Anger Management (SAMSHA Model) - This treatment model is a combined CBT approach that employs relaxation, cognitive, and communication skills interventions.
- Acupunture - One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine, acupuncture involves inserting fine needles into specific points in the body to restore and maintain overall health.
- Mindfulness - is a state of active, open attention on the present. When you're mindful, you observe your thoughts and feelings from a distance, without judging them good or bad.
- Spiritual Support - Spirituality and religion are very personal matters that, for some, are a source of great strength.
- Art and Music Therapy - Sometimes, emotions simply can't be communicated verbally.
- Physical Fitness and Leisure Activities - Exercise improves your mood, reduces worry and anxiety, boosts self-esteem and provides you with more physical and emotional energy.
- 12-Step Treatment - At Astoria Pointe, we value the tremendous inspiration and support provided by the 12-step movement
Fitness programs, Massage Therapy, Meditation and Mindfulness, Spiritual support and Yoga
Don't delay, call for help today 925-529-8061
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, tobacco, alcohol, and drug addiction costs America over $600 billion annually. In 2013, 7.4% of young adults ages 18-25 struggled with drug addiction, the highest percentage reported among those 12 years or older.
Addiction is a chronic disease defined by the habitual, and often irrational, use of substances despite negative consequences. When substance use begins to interfere with the responsibilities of life (such as work, relationships, or health), then one is said to have an addiction.The causes of addiction are complex; they can be biological, psychological, and/or social. However, all addictions share the same characteristics, including the inability to abstain from the substance, control self-sabotaging behaviors, and produce ordinary emotional responses.
As a chronic disease, addiction involves periods of relapse and remission. It's important for those in treatment to receive care from a multidisciplinary team to meet all their needs. Addicts must also become informed, active participants in their own care. By learning to self-manage their addiction, individuals can live successfully in long-term recovery.
Alcohol consumption is very common in everyday life. People drink to socialize, celebrate, relax, and de- stress.Read More
In 2010, 12 million American adolescents used prescription pain medication not prescribed for them.Read More
Cocaine is a powerful and highly addictive stimulant. Made from the leaves of South American coca plantsRead More
Gambling disorder is persistent and recurrent problematic gambling behavior leading to significant impairment or distress.Read More
Opiates have an unusually high potential for abuse and addiction.Read More
Methamphetamine is an illegal drug, similar to cocaine, and other addictive and dangerous street drugs.Read More
America is currently experiencing an unprecedented epidemic of prescription drug overdoses.Read More
Phencyclidine, more commonly known as (PCP) was first created as an intravenous anesthetic;Read More
Sex addiction is a progressive disorder defined as any compulsive sexual behavior that interferes with normal living and results in negative consequences to...Read More
Anxiety is a normal part of everyday life. It's our body's way to warn us of danger or trouble, so that we can get out of harm's way or take action against it.Read More
Bipolar disorder, sometimes called manic depression, is characterized by extreme mood swings, often called highs and lows, which range from depression to mania.Read More
Personality disorders are a group of disorders characterized by a difficulty dealing with other people, as well as the stressors and problems of everyday life.Read More