Spring Hill Recovery treats only a small number of men and women at a time. This provides a secure and caring environment in which they feel safe about being honest about the challenges they face. Treating only a small number of individuals at a time also allows us to offer one of the most generous staff-to-patient ratios in the country for a recovery program. Our expert staff can get to know you and create a personalized treatment program designed to meet your specific needs.
At Spring Hill Recovery, we create a unique treatment plan for each individual. Your plan will integrate medical, psychological, holistic and spiritual approaches, including physical fitness and nutrition. At the same time, there are some common elements to each individual's treatment plan, including at least two psychotherapy sessions a week, as well as group therapy and patient education sessions.
As soon as you arrive, we will contact members of your family to let them know that you have arrived safely. We will then assign you to a room, place your personal belongings in your assigned room and introduce you to your suite mates. Within a few days of your arrival, you will typically:
- Meet with your primary therapist so he or she can get to know you, help orient you to Spring Hill Recovery and together review your preliminary schedule.
- Begin individual therapy.
- Begin group therapy.
- Begin group education classes.
- Work with your primary therapist to design a personalized treatment plan to set you on the path to recovery.
From the moment you arrive, we are already preparing you for a successful discharge. While we want you to remain with us for as long as you need to, your primary therapist and the clinical team will be focused on ensuring that you be will able to lead a happy, productive and sober life long after you leave. This means your treatment is geared toward preparing you to stay sober and make a smooth transition from treatment to the "real" world. We do this in a number of ways, including:
- Learning from you what you need to stay sober following your time Spring Hill Recovery. The team will help you identify situations or experiences that can trigger your desire to use alcohol and drugs, and arm you with strategies to avoid it.
- Ensuring that you develop the tools and insights needed to avoid using again, especially at those moments when you are most vulnerable. These tools include gaining insights about yourself, the ability to sense and avoid risky situations, and recognizing your responsibility for yourself and your actions. We'll also help you learn to remain open and rely on friends, family, 12-Step groups, spirituality, religion and any other strategy that can provide the strength you need.
- Working with you and your family to help ensure that you return home with the right kind of support from your family and other loved ones. We can also help you realize how you may have undermined your family's trust in the past, and how you can regain it through sober behaviors and open communication.
- Communicating with mental health professionals or religious or spiritual leaders in your local community about the type of support you will need from them after you leave Spring Hill Recovery.
Spring Hill Recovery believes that residential treatment is the start of your treatment in the recovery process. Continuing care is essential in the treatment process. Within the assessment phase of you treatment, Spring Hill Recovery will take into account continuing care after discharge. This intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a treatment and support program that allows you to understand your disease's process and provides you with the techniques required to cope with your addiction. Additionally you will become aware of the support system that is in place to prevent a relapse and continue on the path of sobriety.
Your individual treatment will draw on a number of therapies to speak to your unique needs and circumstances. Each treatment plan will combine all or some of the following:
- Treatment by a board-certified psychiatrist for any mental health issues including depression, anxiety disorders and bipolar disorder.
- Group therapy sessions, which may focus on issues such as grief and loss, resolving trauma, managing anger and stress or preventing relapse.
- Gender specific group work
- Psycho-education, anger management and relapse prevention
- Voluntary religious worship and spiritual support
- Physical fitness and leisure activities
- Meditation and mindfulness
A holistic approach treats your entire being-body, mind and spirit. The benefits to this approach are that you will leave Spring Hill Recovery in a stronger, healthier state. The approaches we offer include:
- Meditation. Meditation helps you concentrate your thoughts and gain greater control of your mind. At Spring Hill Recovery, you can explore meditation with an instructor who will help you learn how to use it effectively to better respond to stress and challenges.
- Spring Hill Recovery offers yoga as a way to generate change in an individual's consciousness. It is a method of empowering individuals with the ability to access a peaceful, restorative inner state.
At Spring Hill Recovery, we respect your beliefs and the beliefs of every other person who comes through our doors. We encourage you to include the belief that a higher power can help you recover, and to draw on it as a source of strength after you leave us.
Physical fitness will be an important part of your treatment plan. Spring Hill Recovery has a comfortable, high-tech facility with the most cutting-edge fitness equipment where you can participate in various exercise programs. Exercise improves your mood, reduces worry and anxiety, strengthens your self-esteem and provides you with greater physical and emotional energy. It will also help you succeed in your lifelong strategy to stay sober, healthy and happy.
With the permission of your primary therapist, you may receive letters, packages and faxes. Please understand, though, that this privilege is not unlimited and must be used thoughtfully. Because we are fully committed to the success of your treatment, we want to help you remain as free as possible from external distractions as you work on your recovery.
While we welcome family members to participate in family therapy with you, we do not encourage social visits by family or friends. You should prepare your family and friends to expect your stay to be approximately 30 days or longer. During your stay, you will need time and space away from them in order to focus on yourself, your challenges, your strengths and your future. It may feel lonely at times without having visitors, but in the long run it will help you better connect with yourself, your peers and the treatment team at Spring Hill Recovery.
We want you to be comfortable during you stay at Spring Hill. We also recognize the importance of appropriate clothing to your ability to focus on the right things. Below is a list of belongings to consider bringing:
- Shorts (modest)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo, conditioner, and other hair products
- Comb and hairbrush
- Hair dryer/curling or flat irons
- Feminine hygiene products
- Disposable razors
- Shaving cream